At Chiltern Primary School we strive to build a strong relationship between home and school to maximise learning opportunities. The involvement of parents/carers at Chiltern Primary School is welcomed and encouraged and parent/carer participation and assistance in school programs and activities is greatly appreciated and valued. Parents/carers who would like to volunteer to assist within the school should apply for a Working With Children Check online (there is no cost involved).
Parents are encouraged to assist during class times. Involvement in the Literacy program, especially in the Foundation to Year 2 class room is most welcome.
Our school also has a Parent Liasion Program. The aim and purpose of the program is:
- To strengthen the partnership between the school and the parent body
- To further build communication between parents, teachers and the Principal
- To continue to provide opportunities for parents to contribute to the school and the education of our children
The role of the Parent Liasion is:
- To assist with organising parent involvement in classroom/whole school events
- To attend one meeting each term with the Parent Liaison person in each grade and the principal and teachers
- To organise the Classroom Parent Helpers rosters
- To work closely with the classroom teacher to build positive relationships between parents and the school
- To attend morning teas when available.
During the year the school may be involved in special programs and activity days, in which parents are welcome to contribute to and assist with, to ensure such days are successful.
Parents may also be asked to support the school in fundraising activities that are organised throughout the year.